|HypnoBirthing® was developed 15 years
ago in the U.S. and is a childbirth method that uses hypnosis
to eliminate pain and fear from the birthing experience.
The method is based on the work of English obstetrician
and founder of the Natural Childbirth Trust, Dr. Grantly
Dick-Read. Back in the early 1900s Dick-Read noticed that
women who were calm and had positive expectations of their
birthing, tended to experience less pain than women who
were frightened. He came to realise that their fear created
tension, and the tension caused their muscles to tighten,
causing a more difficult labour.
Marie Mongan, an American hypnotherapist combined Dick-Read's
ideas and her own knowledge as a hypno-anaesthesiologist
to create "HypnoBirthing®". With the aid of
self-hypnosis, a woman can bring her body into a state of
deep relaxation in which the body's muscles can work the
way they're meant to during childbirth.
How Does it Work?
Through classes reinforced by audio and video programs,
pregnant women learn to achieve deep relaxation by practicing
methods of visualization and self-hypnosis. These techniques
are also taught to birth companions, who learn to help deepen
and support the birthing mother's level of relaxation during
birthing. By learning techniques to manage the tension caused
by fear and anxiety, the labouring mum approaches the birth
feeling calm, confident, aware, and in control.
What you will learn:
- Everything you need to know to know to achieve a safer,
easier, and more comfortable birth.
- To explode the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture,
and birth your baby with ease and comfort.
- To create your body’s own natural relaxant, the
only safe labour enhancement.
- Natural ways to bring your body into labour without
artificial chemical induction.
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing
environment that is calm, serene, and joyful rather that
tense and stressful.
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe
your baby into the world without the violence of hard
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your
baby in a way that most mirrors the way nature intended
Register for a class